Staff Selection Commission announces Combined Graduate Level Examination 2022, Apply Now
SSC CGL 2022 – Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination 2022 (Tier-I) for selecting candidates for Tier-II Exam for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/Organizations from 23rd December 2021
Interested candidates can check more details of the post, age, essential qualification, centers of examination, syllabus, mode of selection etc. from the page below.
SSC CGL 2022 Notification
- Exam Name: SSC CGL 2022 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2022)
- Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission
- Exam Level: National Level
- Exam Mode: Online (Computer- Based Test)
- Group B and C officers under central Government
- Notification Release Date: December 23, 2021
- Online Registration Date: December 23, 2021 to January 23, 2022
- SSC CGL Tier-1 Admit Card Download: Few Days before Exam
- SSC CGL Tier-1 Examination: April 2022
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Announcement: August 2022
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Admit Card Download: August 2022
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Examination: September 2022
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Result Announcement: October 2022
- SSC CGL Tier-3 Examination Date: November 2022
- SSC CGL Level-4 Test/Interview/ Computer Skill Test: December 2022
- A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt. of India
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam, but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by Govt. of India
- Candidates must belong to the age group of 20 to 30 years to apply for SSC CGL, however, the age limits vary depending on the position applied
- For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003.
- For the posts for which age limit is 20-27 years
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2001.
- For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2001.
- For the posts for which age limit is up to 30 years
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2003.
- For the post for which age limit is upto 32 years
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1989 and not later than 01-01-2003.
- Some of the categories such as OBC, SC, ST, PH, etc are given relaxation in age to provide them an opportunity to apply for CGL. Know the details:
- OBC – 3 years
- ST/SC – 5 years
- PH + Gen – 10 years
- PH + OBC – 13 years
- PH + SC/ST – 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Gen) – 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC) – 6 years
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) – 8 years
- Wondering if your qualifications are up to the mark as required to apply for this exam? Know about the post wise educational qualifications required to apply online for SSC CGL exam:
Assistant Audit Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University OR Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
Junior Statistical Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level
Statistical Investigator Grade-II
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
All Other Posts
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for appearing at the Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/Provisional Certificate/Certificate of Graduation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be canceled by the Commission
- Candidates can apply from December 23, 2021 onwards at the official website ssc.nic.in till January 23, 2022. Selected candidates will be hired at group B and C level posts across government departments.
- Application must be submitted only in the prescribed format online or on paper/offline. The examination is being held for multiple posts with different qualifications and other requirements
- The candidate is required to indicate his posts wise preference very carefully. For detailed instructions for filling up the application form Annexure-II (A&B) may be referred to
- All candidates who apply in response to this advertisement by the CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION are assigned Roll numbers; these will be communicated to them about two weeks before Tier-I exam
- Fee Rupees One Hundred only (Rs.100) – Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee as per extant Govt. orders
- Online Submission of the Application may be made at Staff Selection Commission Website https://ssconline.nic.in
- The filling of online application contains two parts Part-I Registration, Part-II Registration
- For detailed instructions relating to Application Form, instructions for filling up the application form and for online payment/submission of application, candidates are advised to refer to official website www.ssc.nic.in
- The Application Fee in SSC CGL Notification as per the categories is given below
- General/OBC – Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Females – Fee exempted
- SSC CGL Selection Process will require you to pass through 4 stages in order to be eligible to get the appointment letter of desired posts. The SSC CGL notification has mentioned 4 tiers as given below:
- Tier 1 – Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) containing 100 questions
- Tier 2 – Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) with 2 compulsory papers and 2 other papers for specific posts
- Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Pen and Paper mode)
- Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test as per the post applied.
- SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- The time duration of Tier-2 will be 120 minutes. 60 minutes each for English & Quants.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- The Tier 1 exam is the first stage to be passed by the aspirants in order to qualify for the Tier 2. Tier 1 comprises 100 questions totaling to 200 marks that need to be attempted in 60 minutes. The subject wise division of questions has been provided below:
No of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- This is a CBE (computer-based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2022, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
No of Questions
English Language and Comprehension
General Studies (Finance & Economics)
For Tier 3
- Tier 3 is a descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This is to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- Tier 3 exam accounts for a total of 100 marks.
- The time duration is 60 minutes.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
Tier 4 (DEST/CPT)
- The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2022 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts. Check out the details for the skill test of CGL including DEST and CPT.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): Will be required for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax)
- Those who clear all the legs of the recruitment process will be hired at group B and C level posts across government departments and organisations
- Candidates hired in group B level posts will get a pay band of Rs 9,300 – Rs 34,800 and those hired in group C level posts will get Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website